Ecstatic Embodiment Expert Jocelyn Gordon brings the message of authentic living to her clients and programs. Her unique early childhood apprenticeship in massage led to a lifelong fascination with conscious movement that lends to Jocelyn’s specialty – Integrative Movement Education. Jocelyn’s innovative blends of dance, yoga and touch highlight play and passion. Her dynamic print, web and video offerings encourage the modern woman to look within and dance with life.
The creator of HoopYogini™ and Bhakti Boogie® Yoga, Jocelyn teaches around the world in locations as far away as Bali, Indonesia, and London, England. She provides busy women in the U.S. and overseas with fitness and stress-relief tools which emphasize breath awareness, self-care and pleasure.
As a Master Level Hoop Teacher, she choreographed and leads the Flow Routine and the Hoop Fit hoop yoga and Pilates segment on Gaiam Productions’ Marisa Tomei HoopBody DVD Kit.
Jocelyn has appeared as a Wellness Expert in media outlets such as the Washington Post, Conscious Dancer magazine, Origin magazine, Heart and Soul magazine and The Dr. Oz Show. A sought-after teacher, she is a guest teacher at the Esalen Institute, National Institutes of Health, and St. Louis Public Schools.
Jocelyn trains and mentors the next generation of movement educators. She is passionate about helping women liberate themselves from Trauma-Drama, the stories that hold them back from their full potential.
Inspired by the vision of a world full of joyfully embodied beings, Jocelyn encourages every body to move from inhibited expression to authentic living.
“May your practice bring you peace and may you share this peace with the world.”
A Message From Jocelyn Gordon
I designed HoopYogini™ for you – the busy, modern, sensual, so much to give, so much to experience woman.
By encouraging presence – your ability to be in each moment unhindered by past hurts or future expectations – HoopYogini™, supports you in living and being in your life to the fullest.
- Through regular HoopYogini™ practice you learn how to respond rather than react.
- You will strengthen your intuition – your inner compass – while toning your core.
- You will develop the ability to move in life with greater ease and inspiration.
- Pain is reduced and joy is amplified.
This means that you’re fully “here” for your loved ones, for your self, for your health, and for your dreams.
HoopYogini™ supports you in developing the fitness required to live the life of your dreams. One of my dreams is to share the message that transformation can be fun.
HoopYogini™ does just that.
Work directly with me and my team with our 1 on 1 Coaching programs. Practice HoopYogini™ in your home or anywhere on the planet with our online courses. Dance and train with us at a live event.
Here’s to you!
With Love & Light ~ Jocelyn
A Few Facts About Jocelyn Gordon
- I was born in Bermuda, raised in the U.S. (primarily on the East Coast with some time in the Midwest and a few delicious years in California). As you can see, I was Born to Move!
- Dance is my first love. Spirituality my second. As soon as I could read, I devoured books on religion, psychic abilities, the meridian system, energy, prayer and bi-location.
- At the age of five, I began a Reflexology apprenticeship. Since then, I’ve been the family foot masseur. Professionally speaking, I hold multiple certifications as a Massage and Yoga Therapist, Life Coach and Somatic Practitioner.
- From ages 8-12, I was diagnosed with epilepsy – petit mal seizures. At the age of 10, I had my last seizure when while starting an episode, I said “No.” Beyond a doubt, I know that mind affects matter.
- While in my twenties, I lived in NYC and worked in the fashion, music and publishing industries. As a former Stylist, I worked with Halle Berry, Warren Beatty, The Smashing Pumpkins and The Fugees.
- You may have seen me in the Gaiam produced, HoopBody dvd with Academy Award winning actress, Marisa Tomei. I led the Sensual Hoop Meditation and choreographed and taught the HoopFit workout.
- Once, I was in a bathroom with Madonna. That’s a really good story. Ask me about it sometime.
- I’m in love with meditation! I love to move my booty and I like to sit upon it!
- My mom is a Yoga Teacher. My daughter is an amazing Artist. My dad is in his 80’s and rocking his business mind. They all support my business, and have encouraged me to take risks, dream big and love life!